Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:03:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just noticed this

I have finally gotten all the software compiled and ready for my
Wincast/TV card to work.  I installed it last nite and booted up, no
problem, the kernel found it, but here is what the dmesg output says about
it:

bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x11 int a irq 18 on pci0.18.0
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.
                            ^^^

Should that really be a PAL tuner?  I guess I don't know if that is right
or not, and the PAL/ntsc difference might not affect tuners, but it is
just a thought.  Anyways, I can't get any reception on the TV.  Before I
do anything though, I am going to check my cable hookup one more time in
my apartment.  I do have an antennae I am going to try and use also.  I
will report back.  One more thing Amancio, I just compiled a kernel
without BROKEN_SB defined.  I am at work now, but will report back either
tonite or tomorrow morning as to how that works.  Thanks!

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com