Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:32:51 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   the sound/ directory

Well, perhaps this has been up on the multimedia list previously (I
haven't been here for long):

1) the sound/ directory in teh kernel sources looks like a mess with
*several* files for different chipsets, many readme's, and other things
all pushed into one subdirectory.

How about:
	We make several subdirs under sound like:
	1) midi/ (generic midi support)
	2) audio/ (generic audio support)
	2) sb/
	3) pas/
	4) gus/
	5) misc_card/ (all other misc. cards)

The audio/ and midi/ should most probably be moved out of i386/isa/sound
to something new like /sys/dev/audio - they are *not* related to the isa
bus.

2) Is full-duplex supported on some cards (esp. the sb16/32)? If no, is
anybody out there working/interested in it?

	Sander

Just got a SB32, also have access to sb16, and a card having crystal(?)
chip on it. :-)