From:      mike tancsa <mike@sentex.net>

--------------8wQQkuVG6IE0W4HytDLZhv06

On 4/22/2024 11:49 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> mike tancsa<mike@sentex.net>  writes:
>> I was afraid of that. So basically I have to copy the entire pool or
>> live with the performance penalty :(  73TB is a lot to copy / move.
> Oh I didn't realize those disks were part of the larger pool, I thought
> they were a separate pool named “special”.  You might be able to simply
> detach and then re-attach both drives, afaik a draid can function
> without its special vdev.

Yeah, its an actual special vdev I added to speed up metadata and small
file access.  zpool-detach I think only works on mirrors and not raidz
vdevs.  From searching google, there does not seem to be a way to detach
a special vdev from a raidz pool.

     ---Mike

--------------8wQQkuVG6IE0W4HytDLZhv06

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      Smørgrav wrote:<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">mike tancsa <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mike@sentex.net">&lt;mike@sentex.net&gt;</a> writes:
</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I was afraid of that. So basically I have to copy the entire pool or
live with the performance penalty :(  73TB is a lot to copy / move.
</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
Oh I didn't realize those disks were part of the larger pool, I thought
they were a separate pool named “special”.  You might be able to simply
detach and then re-attach both drives, afaik a draid can function
without its special vdev.
</pre>
      small file access.  zpool-detach I think only works on mirrors and
      not raidz vdevs.  From searching google, there does not seem to be
      a way to detach a special vdev from a raidz pool.</p>

--------------8wQQkuVG6IE0W4HytDLZhv06--