Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:27:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      bruno schwander <bschwand@dvart.com>
To:        Pete McKenna <pmckenna@qwest.net>
Cc:        Erich Zigler <needo@superhero.org>, Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FXTV and real-time capture/encoding

seems that avi files have the header info at the _end_ of the file, so
premature death of ffmpeg leaves the avi in unplayable state.

I added a little fix for this, and it seems to work pretty well now, also
in mpeg4.

http://www.tinkerbox.org/projects/files/fxtv.ffmpeg/fxtv-1.03.ffmpeg2-4.tgz

please check it out and let me know of success/failure...

bruno