Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 1996 00:16:51 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        gjm@hal2.soas.ac.uk (geoff martindale)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SoundCard on a laptop

>From The Desk Of geoff martindale :
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience of
> SoundBlaster compatible cards on a laptop,

Who knows what SoundBlaster compatible means. It really spans the whole
spectrum of solutions . For instance a TSR which intercepts the
calls and translates the call to appropiate native sound card instructions.
Or initialized a given sound card with a specific sequence to activate
the soundblaster emulation . Soundblaster playback only but no
recording --- don't laugh my audiotrix pro does just that.

	Cheers,
	Amancio