lt) is overkill; any rotating HDD should easily be able to max > out its consecutive write IOPs with 128kB operation size. I'll add a > read-only sysctl for g_eli_alloc_sz too. Thanks Mark. > > -Alan > > Setting this on one of my production machines that uses zfs behind geli d= rops the load average quite materially with zero impact on throughput that = I can see (thus far.) I will run this for a while but it certainly doesn't= appear to have any negatives associated with it and does appear to improve= efficiency quite a bit. Great news! Also, FTR I should add that this advice only applies to people who use HDDs. For SSDs zfs uses a different aggregation limit, and the default value is already low enough. -Alan