Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 11:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      aron@speakeasy.org
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bt848 questions

I've been playing around with the bt848 for the past few days and have
found it very useful..

so useful in fact that i am strongly considering using freebsd boxes as
the capture stations for a lab with a 1,000 hour per day capacity.
(capture+encode)

which leads me to two questions..

Are there any limitations in the driver or the card itself that would
keep me from putting 4-6 (or even more if possible) capture cards in
each box? (other than obvious potential bandwidth issues)

and less importantly, has anyone tried the Osprey-100 with the driver?
we have plenty of osprey-100 cards (though i am using a hauppage card
at home)

at any rate i will probably have a test system up by the end of the
week, unless someone gives me a good reason to run screaming from this
idea :)

aron roberts
atr@pobox.com