Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:55:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Excellence in the FreeBSD camp!

Well, I have great news to report!  Both my fxtv and xquake with sound now
work!!!!  The problem with fxtv was the tuner problem.  I had to follow
Bernie and Steve's advice and change the probe order of the tuners so it
recognized mine as a Philips NTSC tuner instead of a PAL tuner.  In fact,
right now I am watching Wil Smith's "Men In Black" video as I type this!!
=)  Also, xquake now works with sound!!!! Thanks Amancio and everyone
else, it was refreshing to play xquake with sound.  Really something kewl.
There are some people I know whos only reason not to use FreeBSD was
because of no sound in quake, now they can have that too.  The only
problem I have noticed in fxtv is that only certain channels seem to work.
I remember seeing a document somewhere talking about this.  Anyone know
what could be wrong or where that document is?  Thanks again!

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com