Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:35:44 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WinTV Problem

Hi.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 09:21:34AM -0400, Jason Andresen wrote:
> >     I'm having a problem with getting my WinTV USB Model 4001 device to work
                                                   ^^^
[...]
> It's pretty easy now.  Just add the following line to your kernel:
> device bktr
> OR
> just run "kldload bktr" as root to load the driver as a module.
> then cd to /dev and run "./MAKEDEV bktr0"
> and fxtv should work.

I'm pretty sure - also I would be happy to hear anything different -
that this won't work with USB devices (are they Brooktree based at all?
And what about all the USB and compression stuff?).

Bye, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | http://www.obh.snafu.de/~ob/ |