Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:12:24 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
Subject:   Probable Hardware Failure

I have a pretty old desktop that has been around quite awhile.  It has =
started periodic crashes.  No log messages.  However, the core status =
files all show "double fault".  I am confident this is a hardware issue, =
but is there any easy way to determine if its power or memory related?  =
Those are the primary candidates although memory is also possible.  We =
really need to replace the entire unit, but that might be a bit more =
salable if I can present convincing evidence of the cause of the =
problem.