Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 1995 12:13:08 +0100
From:      Bjorn Kastnes <Bjorn.Kastnes@kvatro.no>
To:        ArchBSD-Hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        bjornk@kvatro.no
Subject:   FreeBSD for the ARM processor

Hello,

I see you are porting FreeBSD to the ARM processor, this is very interesting to
us since we just no are looking for Unix running on the ARM processor.

The HW our system will run on is  not yet finished, but what I have available is
a RUBY II development card from VLSI. The RUBY II chip is a embedded controller
with an ARM core (ARM 6 now, will be ARM 8 in later versions). The development
system have 512 K flash and 512 K SRAM, so I don't know if I can get a stripped
version up and running. I only need serial drivers (16C450 and 85C30, which I am
working on know) and later we will add TCP/IP support.

I will be interested in getting some more info on your work, to see if I should
try to get it up and running on RUBY II.

When will you release the first version ?

BTW, which compiler are you using (have GCC got an ARM backend) ?

Regards Bjorn

Bjorn Kastnes				| email   kastnes@kvatro.no
SDT support                             |         sdt-support@kvatro.no
Kvatro Telecom AS			| Phone   +47-73 52 00 90
Pirsenteret				| Fax     +47-73 52 01 40
N-7005 Trondheim, NORWAY                | Mobile  922 48 757