Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 03:08:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Makefile change...

Hi...

	Since I don't quite think of this as a send-pr problem
report (yes, I've sent one in that way, sorry...), and I don't really
know of any better place to send it, could someone who "has the power"
sutff this into *-current's /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin?

	Its a modified Makefile that actually checks to see if part
of the source tree is even installed before trying to make it.  for
instance, I don't have awk, since I don't want make world to install
over the one I already have.  Same as tar and cc.

	None of the Makefiles, except for /usr/src/Makefile, does
any checking on this.

	Also...is there a better place to send this so that it doesn't
go out to the list as a whole?

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc

-----[ /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/Makefile ]----

#	$Id: Makefile,v 1.27 1995/04/11 17:28:26 nate Exp $

SUBDIR=

.if exists(as)
   SUBDIR+= as
.endif