Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 10:01:19 +0200
From:      William Wanders <wwanders@sci.kun.nl>
To:        rashid@haven.ios.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postgres95-beta0.03 .

   From: "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
   Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 13:41:40 -0400 (EDT)
   Sender: owner-hackers@freebsd.org

		   Hi there folx,

	   Does any1 here use the beast ? How fast /reliable/SQL conformant
	   it is ?

I use it and find it quite usable. It supports an extensive subset of
SQL but not all SQL features are implemented. Therefore it has almost
all nice features that Postgres 4.2 has.

For speed i can only say: It is much faster than Postgres 4.2 :)
I did not run any benchmarks.

	   I'm stuck on the compilation phase ;( - there are some problems
	   with yy_flush** fucntions ,as well as few headers are obviously
	   missing. I didn't try to dig it assuming that someone here pro-
	   bably has invented the wheel ...

A well kown problem with all ports that use flex.
Try using a newer flex (>2.5.2).

	   Rashid

William