Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 12:43:25 -0500
From:      L Jonas Olsson <ljo@amcell2.accumed.com>
To:        fenner@parc.xerox.com
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org, ljo@po.CWRU.Edu
Subject:   Re: PCI plug-n-play on Intel Premiere Baby II?

 The Intel Premiere II (aka Plato) uses shared ISA interrupts if you
don't mark enough ISA interrupts as available (vs "used by ISA card")
in the plug and play subportion of the BIOS setup.

 I've used three PCI cards all at different IRQs on this board.
(video, frame grabber, and NCR810).

 I'm more worried about the things Rod have said about multiple bus
masters. I plan to use this board with NCR810 and an Imaging
Technology bus-mastering PCI frame grabber.

Jonas

PS I've succesfully used the BitFlow Raptor PCI frame grabber under
FreeBSD. This was all in user mode using /dev/io to read some PCI
BIOS variables (memory address and IRQ line) and /dev/mem to mmap
the registers and memory (8MB region). This is shared memory access
and the read speed is ~15.5MB/s on 90MHz Plato.