Date:      Mon, 1 May 1995 16:10:32 -0400
From:      Michael Vernick <vernick@CS.SunySB.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   100 Mbs Ethernet drivers

I want to set up a cluster of PC's using 100 Mbs Ethernet.  It seems
that there is only 1 driver written so far for FreeBSD, for the
DEC DE500-XA card.  However, DEC tells me that the card is not
yet available; the driver was written by someone at DEC.  Is
anyone else working on a driver for an available 100Mbs Ethernet card?
I am not too familiar with writing drivers so I have a naive
question. There are several drivers for these cards for Linux. Does
anyone have a feel for how hard it is to port an Ethernet driver from
Linux to FreeBSD?

Thanks as always,

Michael Vernick