Date:      Mon, 29 May 1995 11:44:51 +0200 (MSZ)
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Anybody tried Quantum Atlas Drives yet?

With people reporting problems with the Quantum Grand Prix drives
and me having very good experiences with the Empire series -
does anybody have experience with the 4.3 GB Quantum Atlas drives?

I'm about to spec a system here and was wondering. It seems
that the Atlas cost about the same as the 4.3 GB Barracudas,
so, any comparison to those?

Also, has anybody had experience with the 4-16 GB HP C1533A
DDS drives? I've seen Rod recommend the ARCHIVE Pythons but
it looks like those aren't that easily available in Germany.

If anybody would like to comment, this is what I've got so far:

MB: ASUS PCI/I-P54TP4
Pentium 90
32 MB RAM
Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller
Quantum Atlas 4 GB Disk
Toshiba XM3601B CDROM (I know it's caddyless, but I like those)
ARCHIVE Python DDS-2/DC DAT-Drive or HP C1533A DAT-Drive
SMC EtherPower PCI (That's the one with the Digital chip, right?)
V7 Mirage P64 PCI w/ 2 MB ram
Monitor Sony GDM 17se (17", 82 kHz)

The machine is mainly supposed to be used as development system,
later it should become a communications and file server.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org
Fermentation fault (coors dumped)