Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 20:07:32 -72600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Cc:        brian@mail.vividnet.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: idled-1.12

Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Dec 1995, Brian Wang wrote:
> >
> > I've been running it for the past 2 months, but I use it mainly for
> > logging off idle users (10 min idle + 1 min warning, then off they
> > go).  I did not try session time, daily limits..etc, but I assume they
> > should be working?
>
>     I can't get any of it to work.  When I run it in debug mode, it
> seems to think that each user actually logged on the system is logged
> in 68 times.  The "utmplines" utility says there are 156 lines in my
> /var/run/utmp file, when in fact there are only a handful of users.
> Also, it always says "This session has been idle 0 minutes.  You will
> be logged out in 1 minutes [sic]", no matter what my idle.cf says.
> Then it never logs out the users, or updates their status (I have it
> set to poll every 120 seconds).
>
>     I see that a newer version is on the FTP site.  I'll try to get
> that working.
> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
> Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

Hello,

I picked up idled 1.13 and have got it working.  I used the old BSDI
heading with the following DEFS line.

DEFS += -DPS_HACK -DHAVE_YYRESTART -DBSDI -DHAVE_SETSID

You DO NOT need -lkvm for this and make sure to comment out or delete
the DEFS line with -DPROC_SEARCH_1 on it.

NOTE:  I only tried 1 user with a check time of 30 secs and a logout time
of 1 min.  But it does work with the above stuff.

Gary Clark II (N5VMF)
gclarkii@FreeBSD.ORG