Date:      26 Nov 1995 21:31:13 +0800
From:      peter@haywire.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I wonder how much trouble something like this would be to do? :)

pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina) writes:

>  It uses the tun device, and raw IP sockets for its transport. (What's
>  the point of wrapping IP in TCP? IP is unreliable anyway 8))

>There are advantages if you're running a stream cypher protocol like RC4.

I've got a working prototype using "any backend transport you care to
implement" - I've been testing it with ssh, although I plan to use
either udp or raw IP as well for beating international packet
losses.. :-)

It only took an hour or so to implement, and even then I wasn't
working at it exclusively...

Cheers,
-Peter