Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:13:10 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Last call for 2.1.5 experimental / commercial submissions.

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa

To: hackers@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:13:10 -0700
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>

OK, I fixed the permissions on ftp.freebsd.org:~ftp/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.5-incoming
and it should be possible for people to actually upload stuff there now. :-)

It's also been pointed out to me that there are a lot of things in
freefall.freebsd.org:~ftp/incoming which might well deserve a spot in
the experimental or commercial distributions, but I'm afraid that I'm
having a bit of trouble telling the wheat from the chaff. :-) If
you've got something in freefall's incoming, maybe you'd like to
consider uploading it to wcarchive as well?

Uploading conventions:

The convention is to create a subdirectory for yourself under
experimental or commercial (which will be renamed to "xperimnt" and
"commerce" for the CD) and put your files under that directory.  Each
directory should have a README file and at least one distribution
file.  If your distribution format is a tar file, name it "foo.tar" or
"foo.tar.gz".  If it's a FreeBSD package, name it "foo.tgz".  This
will make it easier for the user to guess just what to do with your
distribution file if they're the impatient non-README reading
type. :-)

All filenames should be kept 8.3 compliant (which is why tarballs or
packages are a good idea) so that a user may load your software via a
DOS filesystem, should such be necessary.

I'll be checking for submissions in these directories right up until
Friday afternoon, so you've got time to do this but not TOO much time
so please don't leave it to the last minute! :-)

					Jordan

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa--