Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 13:54:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com, freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NicStar 25mbit or 155mbit?

I am using the 155 Mb cards. The current shipping cards is revision D and it
has a very serious bug. CBR and the highest priority VBR queue cannot work
together. This means we will have troubles implementing CBR, VBR, ABR and
UBR at the same time. I would wait until revision E fixes this to buy
too many cards.

as a fix around this, I was thinking of putting VBR and ABR in the second
highest priority queue for now.

I have the card probing and initialized, I get clock overflow interrupts
every 3 minutes. My next step is to force a PVC into the tables of two cards
to hand send/recieve a PDU.

--mark.