Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 1996 18:07:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   My worldstone numbers

One of my more relaxing projects this weekend was trying to optimize my
worldstone numbers, I fairly happy with my improvement (from 6900sec).

My Hardware:
	P6-233/256 cache / Natoma / 64MB EDO
	2940 / (sd0) ST1080N / (sd1) ST15230N

My Config:
	2.2-801-SNAP
	AHC_TAGENABLE, AHC_SCBPAGE_ENABLE, AUTO_EOI_1&2, SYSV stuff
	/usr/src on sd1 async
	/usr/obj on sd0 async
	/usr also on sd0 async
	TMPDIR=/tmp, /tmp is MFS
	make.conf options = -O -pipe

My Run:
	cd /usr/src
	make clean
	make depend
	/usr/bin/time make world

Results:
	4670.28 real 3059.12 user 796.72 sys

Comments:
	I had a dang cron job kick off in the middle, however, it only ran
	for 23.89 real.

	GENERIC builds in 187sec.

	This setup was 100sec faster than having /usr/obj and /usr/src on
	the same faster (sd1) drive.  I'll need to borrow another drive
	from work (preferably 7200rpm) and a 512k P6 (or 2 if the SMP
	code'l run on my MB)  and try to better these numbers.

	All in all, it was a quite nice diversion.

-Rob