Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 02:06:00 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone else notice NFS broken in -current?

 * Running the latest 2.2 kernels on two boxes here, I can only use NFS
 * for a short time before any process doing NFS I/O hangs.  After awhile
 * of this, one of the systems will then reset to the BIOS.
 *
 * This and other reports now leads me to say that NFS is very, very
 * broken.  The only question is - who broke it, and when?

I don't see crashes (well I do (reported to -current awhile back) but
they are not NFS related) but I noticed that if I redirect the output
of a program to an NFS-mounted disk under heavy (local ccd) load, the
output gets mangled with the environment of the process.

If the output is redirected to a local file, it works fine.

Satoshi