Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 1996 15:26:28 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Chuck Robey:
> > I'm running ctm/cvs myself, and current has been incredibly stable.
>
> I don't want to add too much fuel to the discussion but I agree with Chuck
> here. CURRENT is stable for me too. People who can't bear to have the tree
> broken for a few hours without complaining should either stop running
> CURRENT or provide a fix if they can't wait for the next sup/ctm.

True !

> "Bleeding edge" has _bleeding_ in it. It seems that people tend to forget
> that. I agree with Jordan that in an ideal world, it would be buildable at
> any time but we live in a practical one; a few hic-hup are to be
> expected. One should live with it or use only snapshots/releases...
>
> 2 cts from a happy CURRENT user.

Very true !

andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<