Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 17:18:23 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@melb.werple.net.au>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        julian@FreeBSD.org, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   POSIX thread docs

G'day,

At long last IEEE have sent me the POSIX 1003.1c draft standard I ordered.
You wouldn't think it'd take 3 months for a photocopy! Sheeh.

Now I can do the man files that I've been promising. 8-).

Where should these be installed from? I guess /usr/src/lib/libc_r/man is
an obvious place, but this would mean that the thread man files would
only be available if libc_r is installed (which is not necessarily the
case). Alternately they could go in /usr/src/lib/libc/pthread and get
installed with the standard libc. [A point to note here is that the man
files I write will strictly match 1003.1c and as such they are not
user thread library implementation dependent.] Opinions?

Regards,

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street