Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 1996 20:08:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INN history file and disk I/O

Hi Rod !

What do you think about the Tyan boards ? Tomcat I and II ?

I bought a Tomcat II for my wife. It always rebooted when enabling
the L2 cache. My hardware dealer, which has good connections to Tyan,
told me after 3 days (fast! ;) that the mainboard had a defect and
a whole charge of 512k burst cache modules was bad as well.

Now I have to wait for a new Tomcat II and L2 cache for about a week.
I get brand new parts from US...

I'm just curious, if I bought a good or a bad one. Test in magazines
tell, that the boards are ok, only problems with 64MB Ram chips ...

What do you think ?! Question to a MB guru ! ;-))

	Andreas ///

andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<