Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:52:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      mikebo@tellabs.com
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        mikebo (Mike Borowiec)
Subject:   Re: PAO-961020 for 2.2-961014-SNAP

Previously, HOSOKAWA Tatsumi (hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp) wrote:
> PAO-961020 for 2.2-961014-SNAP is now available.
>
> ftp://ryukyu.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/pub/FreeBSD/PAO/PAO-961020.tar.gz
>
> o relative to 2.2-961014-SNAP
> o 'shutdown -x' is re-implemented by using at_shutdown() interface
> o removed all kern_devconf
> o fixed some minor bugs
>
> We want CardBus testbed, but none of us have CardBus machine...

I only just discovered this list, so please bear with me...

I have a Toshiba Tecra 720CDT w/48MB and a 3Com 3C589C. I recently posted
to questions and hackers regarding a problem I'm having with this set up
and the 'zp' driver: server /kernel: nfsd send error 55 and
ping: sendto: No buffer space available.

I rebuilt the server's kernel with more mbuf's, thinking this might
solve it:
options         "NMBCLUSTERS=2048"
but get the same problem... and the client must be rebooted each time.
The server can be restored to "sanity" by killing all nfsd's and
down-ing, then up-ing the interface (zp0). But to play it safe, both
client and server were rebooted - same problem.

Yesterday, Mike Smith (msmith@gsoft.com.au) wrote to me:
> I think that you're discovering that the PCCARD support
> in 2.1.5 sucks pretty badly.

That's an understatement... ;v)

> Now, AFAIK the Tecras are cardbus machines, which means that the PCIC
> in them is probably not supported by the PAO code yet.  You could ask
> on the freebsd-mobile mailing list (check the archives first) about
> that.

If you still need guinea pig for testing cardbus support, and the Tecra
is indeed a cardbus machine, I'm your guy. I understand there is a new
PAO support package for 2.2-961014-SNAP. I will load the 2.2-961014-SNAP
today, and download the PAO package from:
ftp://ryukyu.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/pub/FreeBSD/PAO/PAO-961020.tar.gz

Is there a better place to get this stuff? Anything more recent, or
patched I should be sure to get? Is this on the ftp.freebsd.org site?
Regards,
- Mike
Michael Borowiec   -   mikebo@tellabs.com   -   Tellabs Operations, Inc.
Senior Member of Technical Staff                4951 Indiana Avenue, MS 63
630-512-8211  FAX: 630-512-7099                 Lisle, IL  60532  USA