Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 04:05:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.freebsd.org (Jordan K. Hubbard), CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-sys@freefall.freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/isa isa.c

> Ick.  Instead of fixing the problems, simply don't report the
> symptoms?

Not surprisingly, I thought the same thing for awhile before deciding
to commit this change.  My final rationale was that this problem had
persisted for several months, was *not* very informational in nature
(the sound code works, it just gripes like this) and if nobody was
going to fix it soon then I might as well shut the silly thing up.

Don't worry, however, as the committer of this change I've got the
problem still very much in mind and will not forget about it.  Sujal
has already suggested a fix, which I've fwd'd to the multimedia group,
and if nothing else my committing this "fix" seems to have finally
stimulated some response to the problem.. :-)

					Jordan