Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 11:44:37 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Andrew Perry <andrew@shoal.net.au>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation tools...)

One of the targets I think we should pursue (and can reasonably hope to
have success in) is getting FreeBSD into the Byte Web Project. I myself
got to know FreeBSD from Jordan's article in Byte about a year ago. For
those of you who don't read it, the Web Project is a series of articles
(all in http://www.byte.com, check it out) that describe Jon Udell's
personal experience in setting up and maintaining the Byte web site.

>From what I remember, he started out with an NT and a BSDI server. Later
on he continued with just NT, but lately added Linux, mostly due to
readers complaining about Linux (and other UNIX-style OSs) being left out
of the game. I don't know how to approach him (perhaps Jordan can, as
they've already published an article he wrote), but this could really be
made to point out the excellent networking code and stability that FreeBSD
takes pride for. Having FreeBSD mentioned in Jon Udell's "Tools watch"
will surely introduce many new people to it.

Nadav

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Andrew Perry wrote:

> Well lets just find another magazine and give them a few FreeBSD ISP
> success stories and see if any lights switch on!!!
>
> I may be oversimplifying (am ofter guilty!!) but these people seem to
> respond best to market pressure.
>
> I'll be looking for magazines now is Australia and priming brain with
> suitable ideas for a reader article (all suggestions welcome!!!).
>
> Andrew Perry
> andrew@shoal.net.au
>
> Arne Steinkamm wrote:

 [snip]