Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 00:35:21 -0800
From:      Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   exec bug

I haven't heard anything about the exec but I reported last week
when an executable fails to read the image from the media due to a
read error.

execve() maps the first page to memory and calls exec_aout_imgact()
which then accesses this page and fails.  The system then gets
a page fault while in kernel mode and dies.

This is in 2_2_RELENG.

I'd hate to have anyone be able to panic my system by putting in
a bad floppy or CDROM and trying to execute something.

What's the deal?

Thanks, Steven