Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:25:09 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        boia01@pollux.GEL.USherb.CA (Alex.Boisvert)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, timp@orion.ab.ca, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newer LINUX emulation mods?

Alex.Boisvert stands accused of saying:

> Sorry to break in your conversation but I can describe a problem I see
> with JDK 1.1.1 (Linux v3).
>
> When I run some applications (ie. demo apps provided by SUN in JDK
> 1.1.1), I can "freeze" most of the demos by resizing (a few times) the
> window they're in.  It sometimes happens by moving the window as well.

Aha.  And what are the apps and the interpreter doing when they freeze?
What's the 'wchan' field in the output of 'ps axlwww' say when they're
frozen?  How about a ktrace/kdump dissection of the freeze point?

> In some rare occasions, I have been able to "freeze" my window manager
> (fvwm95 or twm).

Locking a window manager up isn't hard if the app loses its marbles; fvwm
derivatives are very good at this.