Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 09:38:00 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getcwd() as syscall...

Terry, read up on the code before you speak.

It's always a good idea

There is one point where you by accident is not entirely wrong, but
it is obvious from the rest that you don't know why that statement
is somewhat true.  I will leave it to you to figure out which one.

I will only address the two most wrong points here:

>Other than that, it's a *great* idea, and the purpose behind
>the parent pointers in the first place.  8-) 8-).

No it wasn't. [*]

>Oh... is there an option to fsck to set these on a legacy FS?

They are not stored on disk.

Poul-Henning

[*] And before you launch into a long tirade on this point, please
look in the CVS files and see who added them.