Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 1997 17:22:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Damon Anton Permezel <dap@damon.com>
To:        freebsd-java@hub.freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patches for JDK 1.1.5?

"Damon Permezel" sez:
> I have a 1.1.4 port
> It works fairly well, but suffers occasionally from recursive malloc
> calls.

I now have a much improved 1.1.4 port, with the malloc problems fixed, and
a 1.1.5 port, which is, as far as I can tell, in about the same shape.

I don't have many apps to run, but the main ones I have written work
(they use JNI-native interfaces, and do lots of FP -- two bugs I had to
 fix in the port I based my ports one).

I just added a SB-16 to my system, and to my delight discovered that the
demo apps which have audio squirt the right bits out for audio to work.

I will eventually (like, in a day or so) clean things up so that I can
provide a set of patches which should work, and as soon as a "make clean all"
finishes, I will attempt to put together a binary dist.