Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 18:48:38 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@mcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for the PowerMac?

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Douglas Carmichael wrote:

> Could it be done by:
>
> 1) Porting the "Lites" single server (http://www.cs.hut.fi/lites.html) to PowerPC

Well, we wanted to run FreeBSD on the PowerMac, right?

> 2) Running it under Mach (which is already used by MkLinux)

Errrr....

> 3) Making the whole "world" except the kernel and libraries from FreeBSD/i386.

> What would be a good name for this project?
> MkFreeBSD, FreeBSD/PPC, FreeBSD/MK?
Well, MkFreeBSD or FreeBSD/MK. Lets leave FreeBSD/PPC to those wanting
(dreaming) of native FreeBSD running on the PPC-s. Not just PowerMacs (ok,
so what that they are the dominant variety) but also CHRP and embedded PPC
boards. For examples, look at PIOS-s page and Motorolas board products
page.

	Sander

	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
	all these are just illusions.