Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 00:29:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ernest Tarasovsky <etarasov@lynx.cs.usfca.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rootfs is 1000Kbyte compiled in MFS

Hello,

I have the following problem: my FreeBSD 2.0.5 system is unable to boot. I
have made no configuration changes prior to appearance of this problem.

wd1a". I am able to boot from a floppy. The only error message I get is
"rootfs is 1000Kbyte compiled in MFS". I then get in the install menu,
from which I mount the fixit floppy. I am able to mount root at that
point (mount /dev/wd1a /mnt).

Questions: 1. What does the error message mean?
           2. How do I get my system to boot from my HD?
           3. What could have caused this problem?

System: 486DX66, FreeBSD 2.0.5

Any help will be greatly appreciated.