Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:29:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ken Keeler <kkeysler@nwlink.com>
Subject:   Smaller, Dedicated tools and Greg's Daemon News Article

I spent the entire weekend doing battle with Microsoft products. We
produced a 400 page report using the bastard Word 97. Easily 20 full man
hours were spent trying to figure why there were big red X's where
pictures used to be and recovering files that were corrupted during
crashes. We could not put together more than 20MB/200 pages of text before
complete instability occured.

What a horrible waste of time.

Oh yeah, don't forget that little paper clip sucker in the right corner.
Good thing I didn't have my gun. I'da shot the futhermocker right in his
litte winky eye.

Imagine trying to put together "The Complete FreeBSD" in this environment.

The point is, I know how well small dedicated tools work. I haven't
learned the text editing tools because I was never motivated to do so.

A recent email chat combined with Greg's article have completely convinced
me that I should learn a little bit more programming in order to make my
life easier.

Emacs, Tex, here I come!

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/