Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:22:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

I'm getting reproducible panics doing a make installworld using today's
sources with soft updates.

I have a couple of cores, but they appear to have no debugging symbols.
I'm recompiling a kernel with DDB support and this time I'll install it
by hand, keeping the debugging symbols.

The cores have identical backtraces:

(kgdb) bt
#0  0xf0111dda in boot ()
#1  0xf011209e in panic ()
#2  0xf016272f in ffs_blkfree ()
#3  0xf01677bd in indir_trunc ()
#4  0xf01674bc in handle_workitem_freeblocks ()
#5  0xf01656ac in softdep_process_worklist ()
#6  0xf013314b in sched_sync ()
#7  0xf0105a98 in kproc_start ()
#8  0xf0186ab9 in fork_trampoline ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x1ebf00.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."