Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 98 07:43:06 -0500
From:      rhughes@anteon.com
To:        <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Oracle Access via JDBC

     This might be the wrong list for the question, but here goes.

     I'm trying to use the JDBC Thin drivers (ver 1.1.1, I believe) to
     connect to an Oracle Database on an HP.  The notes from Oracle
     indicate that the java class must enable UniversalConnect privilege to
     make the connection from my FreeBSD server to the Oracle server.
     However, I am unable to get the call to enablePrivilege() to compile.
     I guess I'm not familiar enough with the security classes of java or
     Netscape to know exactly what to call and when

     Has anyone gotten a similar connection to work ??

     If so I'd *really* appreciate a scrap of java code to compare to the
     mess I've made.

     Many thanks !

     R. Hughes
     Anteon Corp.