Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 07:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Natty Dreds <natty@jua.res.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   x11amp - possible with -STABLE?

I searched the mail list archives in vain on the web page; I was just
wondering if it was possible to use the Linux x11amp with FreeBSD-STABLE?
In the archives people seem to have success using it with -CURRENT.  On
#freebsd, I was informed that it would not work with STABLE, only CURRENT,
due to changes in the Linux emulation library.  I was also informed that
the changed Linux-emul would not be migrated back to -STABLE but was not
given a reason why.  If this is the case, I'm just curious as to why...
Are there underlying differences in the CURRENT kernel that make this
impossible?

thanks for your time... and sorry if I shouldnt have send this to the
stable list; kindly ignore me if that is the case :)

--graham