Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:22:24 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        wosch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [sender@dorkslayers.com: 195.185.195.14 has been blocked by ORBS]

I'm the only one who got such email? We are the german mail relay for
the FreeBSD mailing lists. I enabled anti-spam rules in /etc/mail.

Wolfram
----- Forwarded message from ORBS <sender@dorkslayers.com> -----

Date: 7 Sep 1998 13:33:00 -0000
To: dns-admin@nacamar.net, postmaster@baerenklau.de.freebsd.org,
        postmaster@baerenklau.de.freebsd.org
From: ORBS <sender@dorkslayers.com>
Subject: 195.185.195.14 has been blocked by ORBS

If you are not a technical contact for the system at 195.185.195.14,
please make sure you forward this message to someone who is.

This note is to inform you that the SMTP server at 195.185.195.14
has been added to the Dorkslayers Open Relay Blocking System.

ORBS is an automated relay blocking system.  Your system was reported
to our site as permitting third-party SMTP relay.  Normally,
such a report would be made because someone received spam relayed
through your server.

Your server will remain on our blocking list, which is used by a fair
number of sites to restrict incoming E-mail, until such time
as it is fixed and reported to http://www.dorkslayers.com/orbs/closed1.cgi
as being fixed.  At that time we will remove your server from the
blocking list and then test it again for third-party relay.
If it has indeed been fixed it will be removed from the list
permanently.

In summary:

 - your server has a security problem
 - this problem has most likely resulted in your server being used to relay spam
 - your server has been placed on a blocking list which will result in all
   E-mail sent from it being blocked by some sites
 - you can easily get off the blocking list by fixing the problem
   and reporting that fact to our web site

You can get more information on ORBS by visiting our web site at
http://www.dorkslayers.com/orbs/

Sincerely,

orbs@dorkslayers.com

----- End forwarded message -----