Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 23:22:18 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Cc:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>, "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ach! Slot 0, unfielded interrupt 0 (unbreakable loop)

> >OK, so the only two valid configuration indices are 0x1 and 0x3.  What
> >are the I/O addresses associated with them? (There should be extra data
> >in thost tuples, but I can't read them 8)
>
> Ah, sorry ;)  Here they are:
>
> Tuple #7, code 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 15
>     000: 03 01 71 55 26 26 54
>         Config index = 0x1(default)
>         Interface byte = 0x1 (I/O)
>         Vcc pwd:
>                Nominal operating supply voltage: 5 x 1V
>                Max current average over 1 second: 3 x 10mA
>                Max current average over 10 ms: 5 x 10mA
>                Power down supply current: 5 x 1mA
>         Wait scale Speed = 7.0 x 100 ns
>         RDY/BSY scale Speed = 7.0 x 100 ns
>         Card decodes 18 address lines, full 8/16 Bit I/O
>                IRQ modes: Level, Pulse
>                IRQs:  IOCK 1 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 14
> Tuple #8, code 0x1b (Configuration entry), length = 7
>     000:  03 01 71 55 26 26 54
>         Config index = 0x3
>         Vcc pwd:
>                Nominal operating supply voltage: 5 x 1V
>                Max current average over 1 second: 2 x 100mA
>                Max current average over 10 ms: 2 x 100mA
>                Power down supply current: 5 x 1mA

Er, there are *no* I/O addresses in those tuples.  Are you sure that
there are no tuples anywhere with lines that read:

        Card decodes 10 address lines, limited 8/16 Bit I/O
                I/O address # 1: block start = 0x300 block length = 0x20

Especially that last line?  Without one of these, pccardd won't be able
to guess a port address.

> >This is indicative of a serious problem; something is generating
> >interrupts even though the slot has not been configured yet.  I am
> >concerned that your pcic may not be correctly configured.  I'm sure
> >you've mentioned before what your laptop is, but could you tell me
> >again?]
>
> It's a Dell Inspiron 3000 model TS30H
> A 200mzh Pentium with 80 megs of RAM and a 3gig HD.  NeoMagic video
> chipset.

Oh.  *sigh*  Dell are being difficult of late. 8(

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\