Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 11:44:52 -0500
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, jmg@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: misc/5403

On Thu, Jan 01, 1998 at 06:11:23PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> >Synopsis: <net/if_slvar.h> is now broken
> >
> >State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> >State-Changed-By: jmg
> >State-Changed-When: Wed Dec 31 14:01:33 PST 1997
> >State-Changed-Why:
> >the program's buggy... have it include net/slcompress.h before
> >net/if_slvar.h
>
> It should include neither of these private kernel headers.
>
> >I actually just checked the logs...  if_slvar.h NEVER included
> >net/slcompress.h, so it was never broken...
>
> It was broken in another way - a struct was declared wrong unless
> INET was #defined.  if_slvar.h is a prerequisite if INET is #defined.
> Applications (slstart, startslip and now trafshow) know nothing of this
> and didn't even notice the problem since they don't actually use
> anything in if_slvar.h.

Yeah, this port's #include list is very broken. All of these (incompatible?)
headers that it includes need a certain order and shuffling them around fixes
one compiler error and generates another. Someone really should take a look
at /usr/ports/net/trafshow.

--
  / Nathan Dorfman V PGP: finger nathan@rtfm.net  /