Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:05:15 +1000 (EST)
From:      Edward Groenendaal <egroenen@cisco.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Slow PPP using pppd

Hi,

I've just changed OS from Solaris v2.6 x86 to FreeBSD 2.2.7. In both cases
I'm using pppd with the line speed set to 115200 into a 56Kbps card modem.

On Solaris I'd get 4-5Kb/s transfer rates, under FreeBSD I'm getting
3-400b/s. I've tried turning off compression as suggested in a previous
email but to no avail.

I'm using kppp to setup the line and dial etc, instead of a pppd chat
script.

Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Cheers,

Edward.