Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 09:10:05 +0200
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za>
To:        francisco@natserv.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetBSD

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On 19-Sep-98 Laurence Berland wrote:
> > I saw a system running NetBSD, what is this and how is it different from
> > freeBSD?
>
> What it is, is best described at www.netbsd.org
> Basically it is another Unix, just as Linux is another Unix.
>
> The general comments I have read are that OpenBSD is the most secure,
> NetBSD is the most portable and FreeBSD is the best performer.

This is true.  I found that NetBSD is very stable, but FreeBSD
performs better on an Intel system since it is optimised for
that platform.

-Jacques

The box said "Requires Windows 3.1 or better"
			... so I got BSD

Network Administrator     | Jacques Hugo
UNIX Systems              | jacques@wired.ctech.ac.za
Cape Technikon            | +27-21-4603584