Date:      Mon, 7 Dec 1998 02:16:16 +0000
From:      "Paolo Di Francesco" <paipai@tin.it>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Developers List [Updated]

--Message-Boundary-6822

Here there's the last version of the developers list. Sorry if I post it now,
but I'm a student and I have done an exam in these days... [about compilers and
languages ;)]

Read carefully everything.

Thanks.

Attachment description:

----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<

There are 3 files: Intro, Old-Sparc and Ultra-Sparc.

Intro -> Introduction
Old-Sparc -> the old Sparc (Sparc32) group
Ultra-Sparc -> the Ultra Sparc group

Actually, there's no "this guy is doing this" because, when you'll have a
clearer idea of "What I want to do!" send me a message and I'll include near the
name field a new "is doing" field. It will appear as:

Name:         SuperMan (superman@world.com) -> saving the world.

Ciao Ciao
       Paolo Di Francesco
   _
 ->B<-   All Recycled Bytes Message ...
   ~

--Message-Boundary-6822

Sparc Developer List

Here there is the "complete" list of old-Sparc and Ultra Sparc developers.
If you find some errors please contact me!

Suggestions welcome! ;)

Note 1: Aren't you in this list? Send me a private message and I'll include you
immediately!

Note 2: Do you want to "unsubscribe" from this list? Again, send me a message.

author: Paolo Di Francesco
email: paipai@tin.it
--Message-Boundary-6822

Old-Sparc Developer List
------------------------

Name:         Christoph Haas <ch@adimus.de>
Name:         Stefan Molnar Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
Name:         Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@naviant.com>
Name: 	      Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
Name:         Erik Cameron <ecameron@bsd.uchicago.edu>
Name:         Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Name :        pfm@slack.net <Patrick McAndrew>

Name:         Christoph Haas <ch@adimus.de>
Actively Dev: No
Why:          Not enough time and knowledge, but willing to learn by doing ;-)
SPARC:        SS4
Time:         2

Name:         Stefan Molnar Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
Actively Dev: Tester?
Why:          I am not much of a coder, also I work at Sun Doing
              Solaris Stress Testing mainly alpha/beta	versions of Solaris.
Sparc:        Sparc sun4c and sun4m
Time:         5

Name:         Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@naviant.com>
Actively Dev: Not currently
Why: 	      lack of experience
Sparc:        SparcStation 10, SparcStation 20, USparc,
              SPARCstation 330 (primary)
Time:         3

Note : Prefer to develop/test for "old sparc," can also perform some limited
testing on my production ultra

Name : 	      Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
Actively Dev: Not right now
Why: 	      No time, no UltraSPARC
Sparc: 	      Yup - sun4c architecture SPARCstation IPC (currently NetBSD)
Time: 	      3

I only have old SPARC, but I think a priority should be uSPARC development.

Name:          Erik Cameron <ecameron@bsd.uchicago.edu>,
Activeley Dev: not actively coding...
Why:           Learning neccesary skills to be of use in that dept. :)
               Currently working on building FreeBSD userland
               on top of OpenBSD 2.3/sparc kernel on a SparcStation IPX.
Time:          Flexible for time; gimme a 4 before standard deviation.

Note: Will be working on "old sparcs."

Name:         Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Actively Dev: Willing to work on userland stuff, compiler tools, and
              TCP/IP networking code.
Sparc:        SPARCstation 5/170, and possibly UltraSPARC 5
Time:         2

Note: Yes.  old-SPARC first, because I can afford one of those at home.  ;^)

Name:         pfm@slack.net <Patrick McAndrew>
Actively Dev: I can develop/port userland utilities and do some device
              driver work. I will just need either a place to start from
              (NetBSD/OpenBSD drivers?) or someone to work with in
              building them. I can also test on the Sun4m and probably
              Sun4u platform (hopefully)
Sparc:        I have a ss5 and a ss2, like I said above, I might be able to
              grab a few ultras.
Time:         10-20 hours a week.

--Message-Boundary-6822

Ultra-Sparc Developer List
--------------------------

Name:         Paolo Di Francesco (paipai@tin.it)         ---> ????
Name:         Rik Schneider (rik@deranged.schneider.org)  ---> Tester
Name:         Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@naviant.com>   ---> Tester
Name:	      Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>        ---> Tester
Name:         Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>  ---> Coder
Name:         Nobuhiro Kurihara <kurihara@rindou.Japan.Sun.COM>     ---> Tester
Name:         "Fernando P. Schapachnik" <fpscha@localhost.schapachnik.com.ar>
Name:         pfm@slack.net <Patrick McAndrew>        ---> Coder
Name:         Bill Swingle (Unfurl <unfurl@dub.net>)  ---> ???
Name:         Jason George (jbg@masterplan.org)       ---> Tester
Name:         Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>        ---> Tester
Name:         Stephen Kiernan <sab@vegamuse.org>      ---> Coder
Name:         Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@scient.com> ---> Coder (after 1/1/99)

Name:         Paolo Di Francesco (paipai@tin.it)
Actively Dev: No
Why:          No Sparc Hardware
Sparc:        No
Time:         5

Name:          Rik Schneider (rik@deranged.schneider.org)
Actively Dev:  When I find Time
Why:           See Above
SPARC:         SS-1+   always (Mine, No services)
               SS-1000 I can experiment with for a few hours a week
               US-5    No more than 40mins per month
Time:          2-3

Name:         Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@naviant.com>
Actively Dev: Tester?
Why: 	      lack of experience
Sparc:        SparcStation 10, SparcStation 20, USparc,
              SPARCstation 330 (primary)
Time:         3

Note : can only perform some limited testing on my production ultra

Name:	       Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
Activeley Dev: no.
Why:	       Time constraints, lack of expertise, should have a block of
               time coming up in December, need to reorganize 4 years worth
               of files to get disk space on my freebsd boxes to get a stable
               developement environment for some cross tools/source repos.
Sparc:         My wife's Ultra 5.  Plan to set things up to allow netbooting
               and to pull a serial cable over to my work area for a
               console...
Time:	       Currently rate a 1, December may see 3.

Name:          Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Activeley Dev: Yes going to start working on code in the next week.
Sparc:         Yes i have an ultra sparc
Time:          It's hard to say about time, i'll say very little time during
               the week, but most of the whole weekends.

Name:         Nobuhiro Kurihara <kurihara@rindou.Japan.Sun.COM>
Actively Dev: N/A
Why: 	      cannot promiss to continue the work due to bisiness trips,
              and others.
Sparc: 	      AX, AXi, AXmp, CP1500, and pthers
Time: 	      3

Name:         "Fernando P. Schapachnik" <fpscha@localhost.schapachnik.com.ar>
Actively Dev: No
Why:          No time, no box.
Sparc:        Yes (2 Ultra-1 167 Mhz)
Time:         2

My boxes are productive servers. I can test userland code that can be run
from Solaris, if such a thing exist.

Name:         pfm@slack.net <Patrick McAndrew>
Actively Dev: I can develop/port userland utilities and do some device
              driver work. I will just need either a place to start from
              (NetBSD/OpenBSD drivers?) or someone to work with in
              building them. I can also test on the Sun4m and probably
              Sun4u platform (hopefully)
Sparc:        I have a ss5 and a ss2, like I said above, I might be able to
              grab a few ultras.
Time:         10-20 hours a week.

Name:        Bill Swingle (Unfurl <unfurl@dub.net>)
Active Dev?: No, but I really have a desire to see this port happen and
             want to learn by jumping in head first
Sparc:       I have a SS5 on my desk at work and a farm of U2/300's that I am
             responsible for. I cant really do much with these machines as
             they are production boxen. I do have plans to purchase a SS5
             soon though.
Time:        2

Name:         Jason George (jbg@masterplan.org)
Actively Dev: No, but will test code as available
Why:          Am currently constrained by other projects
SPARC:        SPARCStation 5/110, OpenBSD 2.2
Time:         2

Note: Will offer bandwidth and disk to mirror "repositories"

Name:         Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Actively Dev: Not really- see below.
Why:          I am completely overcommited and am promised to the FreeBSD/alpha
              port after the CAM work if I get any time at all. Will answer
              architecture and internals (solaris) questions (former Sun DDI
              group employee- actually did the Sun4 (4/470) solaris port as a
              DDI proof of concept port 7 years ago...). I will ensure that
              the SBus and PCI Qlogic 'isp' drivers work on sparc when you get
              that far. May end up doing a socal SBus driver for Linux so
              might do one for *BSD. If I get any spare time at all, might
              do a conjoint fas/esp HBA driver.

              Can maybe make available some testing resources.

SPARC:        sun4d, sun4m, sun4c, sun4u (PCI)
Time:         0

Name:         Stephen Kiernan <sab@vegamuse.org>
Actively Dev: Yes
Why:          I can work on pretty much anything we need to get done.
              Probably start with the work that was done previously on
              boot loading while others get the userspace working under
              NetBSD or similar.
Sparc:        Sparc sun4m and sun4u (Ultra 1 200MHz)
Time:         5

Name:         Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@scient.com>
Actively Dev: No; after 1/1/99
Why:          Waiting to purchase hardware
Sparc:        SS1, buying UltraSPARCengine AXi based machine after 1/1/99
Time:         1 until after 1/1/99, 2-4 after 1/1/99