Date:       6 Jun 99 04:51:24 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        ingrid@cityscope.net, Bill Swingle <bill@cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: FreeBSDCon '99]

I agree. I think  the FreeBSDCon would be a good place that
I could take other developers and convince them to move
to FreeBSD. But it's a bit hard since there seems to =

be no incentive for them to go. =

Mind you I'm not complaining that this is not a good
idea, but perhaps a "free" section should have been
made available. Sure, perhaps people, like myself,
with FreeBSD-wares might need to pay more to =

help cover the show, but other "bigger" show tend
to do something similar to this.

Then again, perhaps I missed an earlier discussion
on this point and someone can bring me (us) up
to speed, :-)

Ingrid Kast Fuller <ingrid@cityscope.net> wrote:
> Bill,
>     Only thing I see right now is that the price of a convention for pe=
ople
> used to getting their software FREE, is a bit high.  The hotel is high,=
 the
> booths are high, the tables are high, .  My personal opinion is make it=

> reasonable for ANYONE to attend with an interest in FreeBSD. You'll get=
 more
> people and exposure.  Isn't that what we want guys?
> =

> If I was an employee of a firm who was sending me to the conference and=
 the
> firm was paying for it.....hey no problem. But, most of us are self-emp=
loyed
> and trying to make a profit.   I would love to go with my tech who I'm
> training, but for just one of us to go is out of our reach.
> =

> This conference doesn't have a track record yet, on how many people wil=
l be
> there, etc.. right?
> This would help me figure out if it would be worth my effort to have a =
booth
> or table there.
> =

> =

> Bill Swingle wrote:
> =

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I just put the finishing touches on the FreeBSDCon '99 website and ha=
ve
> > made it public. I wanted the lot of you to take a look at the site an=
> > see if you can find any gross errors or things that otherwise make us=

> > look silly.
> =

>  Ingrid Kast Fuller              Email: ingrid@cityscope.net
>  CityScope Computer Services     Since 1984
>  CityScope Net                   Web: http://www.cityscope.net
>  109 West Southmore
>  Pasadena, TX 77502-1001         1 (713)477-6161
> =

> =

> =

> =

---
IN that context, it is the BSD that should be considered,
not the prefix.
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/cgi-bin/newsread?34858