Date:      26 Dec 1999 19:59:44 +0100
From:      Vadim Belman <voland@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Byte/Russia

	Hi Greg!

On 24 Dec 99 at 04:23, "Greg" (Greg Lehey) wrote:

 >>> One thing that does impress me about the magazine is the technical
 >>> detail, which I haven't seen in a US magazine for decades.  They also
 >>> give a surprising amount of attention to UNIX.  The magazine is 96
 >>> pages, including all ads, and 22 of them are about UNIX.  There's an
 >>> almost total lack of Microsoft (just a single, albeit rather long,
 >>> article about setting up TCP/IP on Windoze).  Very refreshing.
 >>  Indeed, I was freaking astouned by that.  There were some other
 >> articles on Linux, which of course, I cannot make out, except for
 >> "Linux" stuck in here and there.  Definetly my kind of people.  :)

 Greg> Right.  Well, there could be more BSD :-)

	It will. I'm writing my second article for the magazine which will
	be talking about FreeBSD advantages, what makes it different from
	other systems, etc. I hope to make the article as big (huge?) as it
	only possible. 8) It should be bigger than the one in #15 at least.

	Seriously, any ideas on the article's content are appretiated.
--
    /Voland			Vadim Belman
				E-mail: voland@plab.ku.dk