Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:19:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@dstc.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bandwidth Capping fore ATM circuits?

I have a 2-PVC network config between two sites
using Fore PCA200e cards. Well, its one PVC between
the sites, and one additional PVC at the "main" site
to provide edge connect into an Internet cloud.

My backend network provider (campus networking) reports
that I am exceeding their bandwidth allocations for the
inter-site PVC, and the behaviour I see is that FTP downloads
stall badly (presumably because TCP sees horrendous drop rate)

I can't see any code clues to how I can do capped bandwidth stuff
on this setup.

Help! I need to make a 155mbps edge device behave "well" on 24mbps
core network bandwidth...

cheers
	-George