Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:23:05 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2-RELEASE Feedback

Igor Roshchin writes:
> Regarding SCSI drives recognition in NT with that particular ASUS motherboard:
> Use those 3 NT installation floppy drives instead of the CD,
> and the floppy drive with the SCSI-U2 driver for that board.
[...]
> If you need further details, feel free to ask me - otherwise it's
> not in the scope of this list.

Re-reading what I wrote, I agree as the tone was a bit wrong. The
intent was, "Another victory for FreeBSD where the 'standard' software
fails." Have dropped -stable from the distribution.

It appears there are at least two ways to install NT on this system.
Having read cover to cover the MB manual, the Adaptec manual, and all
the README's I could find, and a couple of hours at Microsoft.com, all
to no luck. A mention on some FreeBSD lists and a search at www.deja.com
result in several suggestions to do the same thing, start the NT install
from floppy, or use the F6 key to break into the CDROM boot to feed it
the special driver floppy.

However the FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE CDROM was no where near this much
hassle. And easily proved my new hardware is healthy.