Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:53:48 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Project homepage and definitions

Added a few more references. (still sifting through Eivind's list.)

I am also in the prospect in writing a text on what exactly high
availability and clustering is.

basically, at least what I know is that:

high availability is a more sophisticated form of load balancing

clustering is basically the grouping of stations and the sharing of
processes between those stations.  Also parallization plays an important
aspect.

Comments/changes/additions/deletions/bananas?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /