Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:05:49 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Steven Young <dreamer@ninsei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: menuconfig

Steven Young wrote:

>   Hiya.  Although this doesn't seem like quite the right list to mail this
> to, I'm sending it here for lack of a better alternative..

Theres always freebsd-config? :) (as cc'd)

>   Anyway, I've started work on a visual ncurses-based kernel config file
> editor.  Therefore, I was wondering, is this a duplication of effort? Is
> there already something out there that does this?

It was discussed a while ago... I myself even starting working on something
similar, but the company I work for decided it was cheaper to pay me to
maintain their boxes, than it was to have my time taken up writing something
that meant other people could maintain them :(

>   If not, my basic plan is just to have something that looks a lot like
> the visual boot-time config editor where the user adds everything s/he
> wants from the "inactive" list to the "active" and eventually the utility
> in question spits out a file.

Sounds good... How are you going to handle keeping it up to date etc? - as
FreeBSD changes? (or bits of it change, e.g. Sendmail versions etc.) :)

-Kp